October 1, 2015

Feliz cumpleaños Mamá - A Birthday post for my mother

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her" 

- George Washington

Hey Ma! Today is your special day and I am a bit embarrassed to say that I couldn't get you a card or something in the mail on time.

I am really stewing about it really and then I realized that I have the perfect avenue (this blog of mine, of course) to wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope a blog post can make up for my blunder, LoL!



Here it goes...

Happy Birthday Mama!


They say that it is a struggle to find the words to express how you feel for your mother and I agree with that. How do you tell the woman who gave birth to you how important she is to your life? The fact that you gave so much of your life to not only me, but your family's happiness and well-being unconditionally, I guess simple words, gifts, and any amount of cards will not seem be enough to express how important you are, right?

But, as one popular song says, Words are all I have to take your heart away, so here are a few words and thoughts for a woman who never gave up on me, from a son who is so grateful for all your love and support!

* All the things I have done and accomplished, you have been right there. You can be either vocal and cheering me on those achievements or you can be just silent and let me handle those things by my own terms, but nonetheless your support was always there. Either way, let it be known that it is appreciated.

* We have our differences…. and I mean A LOT! Nagasaki at Hiroshima kapag nagkakabangga tayo eh and  I know for sure that we can really get on each others nerves most of the time; but it is only because you are challenging my thoughts and opinions, pushing me to be a better person. Come to think of it, for all those clashes that we have, it seems that is the bond that binds us more; forever binding us together.


* You are BEAUTIFUL!  Nope, hindi ako mangungutang o hihingi ng favor, he he he. You may not hear this more often from me, but believe me when I say this. You are just like fine wine, Mama, you do. Never forget that you are beautiful, okay? (Pahiram nga pla ng 5k. Joke!!!)

* Now, I know that with all the things that makes us busy with right now, our talks have been diminished, but just because we do not talk on a day-to-day basis doesn't mean that you are not in every inch of my heart; You know you have been there right from the start! Now, that is a good rhyme, don't you think? A rhyme that rings true!


Now, that is just about it. I know, it could have been longer, but you know me better and you know I cannot go too long without being mushy, right? Ha ha ha!

No matter the time, you are always there for me, my sister, and even my wife and not to mention being there for your granddaughter, Allison. Our lives are so much colorful and meaningful with you being there. Kidding aside, in behalf of all of us in the family, I want you to know that we are your biggest supporters, just like you are for us.


Mama, today we celebrate your life!  You are a daughter, a sister, a mother and a wife who is treasured by a lot of people.  My wish for you is that you continue to be the light in our lives and at the same time you continue to see how very loved you are.

Again, Happy Birthday to you Mama!

Until next time,


Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment