February 19, 2014

A Post-Valentine Breakfast Date, Sealed with a (Chocolate) Kiss!

As much as I want to take my wife out for a date last Valentines Day, our busy schedules (We are both working parents) really did not permit us to have one.

Well, who says you can only have a date on the 14th?

Not being outdone, I discreetly planned a post-Valentines Day "Breakfast Date" with not only my wife, but also with our daughter on February 16, a Sunday - so we may call it a "Sun-Date", I guess.


Since malls only open by 10 a.m. and I, for one, do not like the idea of having dates in a mall setting (I don't know why, but I guess, mall dates tend to be boring and repetitive, in my opinion), I chose to have our breakfast date in one of my fave places back in college - The Chocolate Kiss Cafe. Why? Because as their motto says, they are "Serving the Good Stuff" and who does not want the good stuff on a Sunday Morning, huh?

We arrived there at around 8:45 a.m. and at that time, and also considering it is a Sunday, the Cafe is really teeming with customers. I almost thought we will be dining on the tables outside, but luckily, we were able to secure a table inside the Cafe.


What is your order, Allie?

I think our little Princess does not like the idea of dining outside the Cafe, huh?

Fortunately, We are able to secure a table inside, Yep!

Since, it is not yet 10 a.m., the menu is just limited to Breakfast Meals and Stuff, but Hey! Breakfast is what we came here for, right? Before we ordered, I helped myself and looked at the Baked Goodies section and to my delight, Devil's Food Cake is available. (It is one of the specialties of The Chocolate Kiss Cafe)

Here is what we ordered: My wife is really craving for longanisa, so she opted to order the Filipino Breakfast with Vigan Longanisa.



As for me, since I am a sucker for Tapsilog, I opted to go for the Filipino Breakfast with Beef Tapa.



At my suggestion, Me and my wife both ordered the famous "Tsokolate Eh!" as the hot beverage of choice for our meals. Let me tell you this, "Tsokolate Eh" is not your ordinary fastfood grade Hot Choco, this one is made out of tablea, so Pinoy na Pinoy ika nga. The only qualm I have with this one? The Serving! I could have wished they served it in lets say, at least a coffee cup and not in a tea-cup, Nabitin ako eh! LoL!


Tsokolate Eh! - Masarap, pero Bitin sa Serving Eh!
Now, dining in The Chocolate Kiss Cafe ain't complete if you don't try one of their cakes, so we ordered a slice of Devil's Food Cake. For 80 Php a slice, this one is a "Steal", considering how delicious this cake tastes. Highly recommended? Yup!

This Big Slice of Cake for 80 Php? You do the Math!
Does Allie approve to our Breakfast Date on a Sunday?

I think that is a "Yes", right Allie?

As for the "Chocolate Kiss Cafe" experience? The food is great; however, as you can see in the pictures above, the meals could have used a little bit of creativity. As the saying goes, we eat with our eyes, so if the food looks good it tastes good. Fortunately, what the meals lack in the looks department, it makes up for in the "taste", I hope they can improve on this in the future.

All in all, we had a great "Sun-Date", the food is great, the ambiance is great with its "Cafe at your neighborhood" type of setting, and of course being not only with my wife, but also our daughter is what sets this date apart from conventional February 14 dates. I did not only had a date with my "Queen", I also get to share the date with our little "Princess." Could it get any better than that?

"As Important as how you Celebrate it, what matters most is with whom you Celebrate it."

Until next time, 

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment