April 9, 2014

"Ichigaw mo cha Hangin"..Liwanag Sa Dilim!

UchuSentai:Noiz was not even in my Top five favorite J-Rock Bands...until NOW!

As for those who know me, I do love music, all kinds of it actually. However, the type of music which I consider close to my heart is Japanese Rock or "J-Rock" for short. I am a big fan of L'arc-En-Ciel and Vamps and obviously, Hyde.


On the other hand, in the local music scene, I dig the music genius of Mr. Rico Blanco (Which I consider as a GREAT influence, also).  I am a fan of him from Rivermaya Days up to his Solo endeavors recently. (I was even called Je-Rico Blanco by some of my close friends because of that)


There is this Visual Kei Band (Visual Kei being a subculture of J-Rock) that has been strutting their stuff lately and winning the hearts of local J-Rock fans here in the Philippines - that band is UchuSentai:Noiz.




UchuSentai:Noiz captured my attention when they released a cover of local band Kamikazee's hit song "Narda".

Now, do not get me wrong, but I consider the band really good that they really put the J-Rock Flavor to the song, but their cover of Narda plus the somewhat off and vague accompanying Music Video did not really appealed to me so, I never really became a fan of them. Ika nga, Nakulangan ako sa banat nila ng Narda....Good for my ears, but never really hits the heart.


Fast forward to today, I recently saw in the news that UchuSentai:Noiz again covered another local song...this time it is "Liwanag sa Dilim" by Rivermaya. Now, here is how their cover goes with the accompanying music video:



"BOOM!"  Now that one hits me hard!

UchuSentai:Noiz's delivery of this cover is really powerful! I am not being biased here because it is a song composed by Rico Blanco and performed by Rivermaya, mind you.

This cover song has a deeper meaning embedded to it compared to their cover of Narda and they intensify it with a well-thought music video with clips from the band's recent visit to Yolanda-hit places in the Visayas region. They even dedicated this cover song to the survivors as their own personal message that "There is always light in even the darkest times." How can you not touch hearts with that?

Now, for the record...Nasapul nila ang panlasa ko dito and they get my respect with this latest release and for that, I am now a FAN of UchuSentai:Noiz!

I am really looking forward for their next cover song. What will it be then? Gotta keep my fingers crossed!


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment