April 13, 2014

The Ayala Fairview Terraces - The Follow-up Review

Here comes a new challenger!



If you guys track back, I had a blog post about the newly opened Ayala Fairview Terraces a few weeks back. (You can view it here)

As promised in that article, here is the follow up for that post. We recently visited the mall again and this time around, in addition to the mall now fairly populated with shops, I also brought a better glass for my camera to shoot the place a little bit better. (My mistake last time was I brought a prime lens)


Now, I promised a review, so here it goes:



If there is one thing that really stands out when you first set foot on Ayala Fairview Terraces, it is the Architecture of the place. Being a long-time resident in this side of NCR, we really got used to visiting two malls within the vicinity, that will be the popular SM City Fairview and the Robinson's Novaliches across it (although for this comparison, I am referring to the latter's earlier years because right now, it is just a shadow of what it used to be, but that is another story).

The two malls I have mentioned are designed as "straight-up" the basic mall design. I am no architect or an expert on that so I cannot elaborate on that matter, but to give you a better picture, the two malls I have mentioned are your basic rectangular-shaped closed malls with an annex or two on the side . I do hope you get the picture, LoL!


The Terraces had a better approach on this aspect. From, the main entrance of the mall, what will greet you is a garden of sorts, surrounded by the mall itself. It is highlighted by a big mango tree at the center of it. My mom said that this mango tree is really old and when the mall was constructed, they chose to leave it untouched and made it a part of the mall. Personally, I liked that idea, having a big tree at the middle of a modern mall, shades of Gaia Tree or Cleyra there huh..(That is a Final Fantasy reference, so kudos to those who will get it)


Now, you see why it is called "Terraces?"

Based on the picture, we can clearly see why the mall was called "Terraces" after all. The whole structure is filled with terraces that serves as the best "tambayan", overlooking the garden-like center I have mentioned before.  Throughout these terraces are strategically placed fast food outlets and restaurants that take advantage of the nice ambiance the structure is providing. In my opinion, this design is one of the strengths of this mall.

Entering the mall itself, I cannot help to note the automatic glass doors that the Terraces have. I mean, my quip about most SM malls is that, they are sticking to the old as grandpa manual glass doors that are sometimes tedious to push, especially if you are carrying something like a bag, or in my case, a kid. At the terraces, you do not have to worry about that as when you are in the proximity of within a meter from the doors, it will automatically open for you. Now, how is that for convenience, eh? Oh, and it is present on all floors too, mind you.






The Garden outside is really big enough, but the mall itself is much bigger. The real estate of the Ayala Fairview Terraces is really huge and it shows on the inside of the mall. I just took some snaps of the main hall of the mall, but do not be fooled. It is really big...let us say, TARDIS-like Big!



Its Bigger on the Inside



As for the actual shops, there are a lot of shops here now compared to when we first visited a few weeks back. I will not spoil them for future visitors, but let us put it this way; If you are used to the shops at SM Fairview, then I guarantee you that you can find most of them here at the Terraces plus a whole lotta shops that are "not" available at SM Fairview. One thing to note too is that, even with the new shops and having a lot more people trooping to the Terraces, I can say that the mall still does not look crowded and that is good news for people who hate the crowded malls. (Count me in on that, I am a claustrophobic)

The cinemas are now also open when we visited, too bad we are not really in a mood to watch a movie at that time, so I just took a snap of how the cinemas look like outside. I really loved the BIG numbers. Oh and they change colors too..a nice touch indeed. Also, as you can see on the picture, the hallways of the cinema also, does not look crowded as compared to other malls' cinemas.



I'm sure you will know which cinema is which with those BIG numbers!

Now, my final thoughts. I think the Ayala Fairview Terraces is really up to challenge SM City Fairview for mall supremacy in this side of town. It offers a fresh, unique, and innovative alternative that it may take a fair share of mallgoers from its rival mall just across the street. If I will put it in one sentence, it will be this -   "Whatever SM Fairview isn't, The Ayala Fairview Terraces made sure IT IS", but in the end it really goes down to one's preference. Like they say, TWO is better than ONE, so having another prominent mall in this area will be a WIN-WIN scenario for all.

Thanks for taking time to read this informal review of mine and I do hope you all visit the Ayala Fairview Terraces if you have the time. I am sure, it will be worth your time.


Until next time...


Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment