June 16, 2015

#EffTheWin - Pre-Order!

Yes, Minions...and the Minions made me grab that "One grand" pre-order!

Image from wheninmanila.com
Okay, who does not love the Minions? Yes, those cute yellow, goggled creatures that serves as Gru's henchmen in the Despicable Me series. I guess no one in their right state of mind will find a reason to hate them, I place my bets on that.

My daughter happens to love these yellow "LPG tank-like" critters so much and of course I do find them to be likeable too.



Back in 2013, when Despicable Me 2 was set to be shown on theaters nationwide, McDonalds offered collectable Minion toys if you avail their Happy Meals. Seeing the quality and detail of those collectible Minions, I tried to collect all of them - with the goal to get them all within one week - 9 toys, 7 days - that is a good plan, right? Or so I thought. Surprisingly...err, No! make that Mindbogglingly - by the fourth day since the Minion toys were made available, they were "Out of Stock!" Yep! Out of Stock IN ALMOST EVERY MCDONALDS OUTLET I visited - Just whoosh. Voom. Gone.

I only managed to get hold of 7 of them (6 Minions and 1 Evil Minion) - I missed out on one more evil Minion and my most sought-after of the set - "Giggling Tim."


Almost completed the Minions - Missed out on "Giggling Tim"
 Now, fast forward to 2015, the Minions are starring in their own movie (not surprisingly titled - Minions) and it is confirmed that they will be back (with a vengeance) on the boxes of McDonald's Happy Meal too - in 10 all-new cute and adorable designs.

With this announcement comes a very welcome development too! Customers can now pre-order the whole set of 10 collectible toys and save themselves the trouble of hustling to buy them one by one and risk not being able to collect them all. Now, for as long as I can remember, this is the "First Time" that McDonald's offered pre-orders on their Happy Meal Toys - that goes to show how popular and in-demand these Minions are.

How does pre-order go? Read below:

Note: This is directly from the press release provided by McDonald's Philippines

  • Visit any McDonald’s store from June 15-20.
  • Pre-order the complete Minions Happy Meal set in the front counter of a McDonald’s store. 
  • For 949 Php, each pre-ordered Minions Happy Meal set includes a Claim Stub Set for all 10 Minions Happy Meal toys and 10 Happy Meal food stubs (Four Burger McDo with fries Happy Meals, Two Chicken McDo Happy Meals, Two McSpaghetti Happy Meals, and Two Burger McDo Happy Meals) which may be used upon purchase or until August 19. 
  • The complete Minions Happy Meal set may be redeemed at the McDonald’s store (where you purchased the stub) starting June 25 – before the Minions toys are available individually in store.

There goes One Grand - c/o McDonald's and Minions
Now, analyzing that pre-order option, it will cost you almost a grand to secure those 10 collectible toys and upon computation, the price cost 13 Php more than if you opt on getting each of those 10 toys via one by one purchase of a Happy Meal. On the flip side, it will save you the hassle of trying to buy them one by one and the pre-order assures you of getting the whole set of toys, add to that there will be 10 food stubs included that are redeemable until August 19. If you will ask me, that is a "good deal" to me.

Since I want my daughter to have that complete set of new Minions, well it is a no-brainer. I decided to avail of the pre-order option.

Why you may ask? Because those are cute, yellow Minions we are talking about! Yes, Minions.... and the minions made me grab that "One grand" pre-order!

Make sure to check back in this Blog of Mine because I will feature those 10 new cute, yellow critters when we get hold of them. That is something that is worth looking forward to.

Until next time,

Banana!....eer I mean,


Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment