November 27, 2014

#Eckogram - Power of the Sixth

It is the last week of November, peeps. Just a few days to go and we will officially enter the month of December, the last month of the year. Anyway, here is another entry on my ongoing photo diary; the sixth one to be exact.

Eckogram Entry 06:





1. 31-year-old Film SLR - Had this SLR (same age as me) loaned to me by a family friend. The thing is, a film point-and-shoot camera is what introduced me to the magic of photography. I want to experience and see how I fare with shooting photos using a film SLR (Ala my grandfather) and I am really raring to give it a go. How about that for going RETRO huh?

2. Going up - Life is never always that smooth sailing so setbacks here and there can be the norm. For those trying times, I always remember and old adage and here is how it goes: "When you are down, there is no other way to go, but UP."

3. Reptilian Ninja Fail - I just cannot help but laugh at this picture. I was in the kitchen doing some chores that day when I spotted this lizard stuck in the gap between the rice cooker and the wall. Hey, my reptilian friend, you forgot Rule 22: "When in Doubt, Know your Way Out!" I ended up helping it out of its predicament, but not before I snapped its hilarious Boo-Boo moment.


4. Mr. 810 - This is our trusty Powershot A810. Sometimes a DSLR could be cumbersome to bring along, especially if you have a kid. For those kind of times, I just put this baby in my pocket and when I need to photograph something, I just whip this out and snap. About this being entry level? Well, let us put it this way; "It is not in the Bow and Arrow, but the Archer shooting the arrow."

5. The Lights got me - I am no fan of Barbie (Duh! I am a guy), but when I saw this at the middle of The Block at SM North Edsa, I just got a snap of it because of how I liked the lights on those headless mannequin things look so surreal.

6. Gyudon!!! - A comfort food that me and my wife both like? There is no doubt that this beef bowl recipe is what it is! Ah! I feel like wanting another bowl right now, sheesh!


7. 1100 minus 1000 - This model here is what I am eyeing if ever I have the chance to upgrade my current DSLR. With its small size and much improved specs, it is truly a step-up from my current setup. #LibreMangarap

8. Ernie and Bert? - We recently visited the Magnolia Flavor House at the Sky Garden because my wife and daughter are craving for some Gelato (Ice cream). My daughter pointed this item on the menu. The thing is, this does not look an inch like Ernie and Bert. Good thing is it taste good as per my wife and kid. I hope next time, they make it look like its namesake though.

9. A new Toy - Just recently, my daughter got a gift from his grandfather. Allie is one kid who likes to stream videos on YouTube and lately, she is not contended with a slow gadget (my old iPod or the Sony Tab) that she started to snatch gadgets from us, especially her grandma's phone, believing that our gadgets are faster. Lolo came to the rescue and got her this mobile phone, a quad-core android phone to be exact. Now, streaming speed is no longer a problem and everybody gets to keep their stuff from being snatched by Allie.


That does it for another Eckogram entry. Thanks for dropping by and dedicating time to read it.

Until next time,

Ciao!

As always, Eckogram-related posts will simultaneously be published in my Phlog HEREIt will be greatly appreciated if you can check it out too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment