April 6, 2017

Doctor Who goes for 10! (and Im Excited as Hell)

I guess the best way to contain my excitement and to make up for some lost time is to make some new articles about the show, right?



With all the things that life throws at me nowadays, it makes my days so fast-paced that nothing seems to excite the hell outta me.

Well, that was what I thought until I realized, I discounted that "Doctor Who" still exists in this world of ours huh?




What is Doctor Who? Well, better check this post for a primer.

First things first, I have to say, I am an avid fan of the show and nothing excites a fan more than an upcoming new series of that said program.

So, when BBC announced that after a year of hiatus (the show cooled off for a whole year in 2016), a new series is about to start, well guess what? Excitement overload ensued within this geeky/nerdy/science-fiction loving body of mine. Well, who will not be excited especially with a trailer like this one:



See what I mean? The new series looks amazing eh?

Now, if you have been reading my blog for some time, I have been very vocal that I am a "Whovian" (a term that refers to a fan of Doctor Who) and have written a blog post or two about things related to it.  The funny thing though is, the last post that I did in this blog relating to the TV series itself was waaaay back before Series 8 started (Check here).  That is technically when the Twelfth Doctor (portrayed by Peter Capaldi) will be just starting his run as the eponymous Doctor. My bad, of course.

Fast forward to today; lo and behold!  Series 8 and Series 9 has concluded, a full year of hiatus has passed, and Series 10 is about to start, but  "still" my last blog post about the show was before Series 8 started.  Tsk tsk tsk! Oh my! Do I have to turn over my geek card for that tactical boo-boo? Not really though.  I may have not made a post about the show for a long while, but for the whole time that passed, my enthusiasm and love for Doctor Who never waned, as evidenced with my excitement for the 10th Series right now.

Since, the 10th Series is not to start until the 15th of this month, I guess the best way to contain my excitement and to make up for some lost time is to make some new articles about the show, right?

Well, its decided!  For the lack of Doctor Who-related posts for quite a while, I will dedicate the days leading up to the start of Series 10 to writing post related to Doctor Who; may it be Series reviews, character reviews, or anything that is related to the show. I think that just sounds right, huh?


So, to start things up, I will review the whole of Series 8 - The first complete series of the Twelfth Doctor - in the next post. I do hope you all watch out for that.

Until next time,



Allons-y!!! 

(We will replace Ciao for the mean time to fit the theme)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment