May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day! - To all the Mothers out there

"All that I am, I owe to my Mother" - George Washington

Tomorrow, we (here in the Philippines) are going to make an important decision for our country, and that is choosing the next leader/president. That is one big decision to make, but in all honesty, if making important and big decisions is the game, I have to say that our moms did that...and more.




You see, being a mother is an arduous task just like the president's. For me, my mom has always been the de Facto "President" of our home as she handles a lot of things that can be considered too much to handle with her two hands; Waking up early to make sure everything will start right for the day, keeping it all intact during the day, and even making sure the day ends as smooth as it started. I do not have to list all the things that mothers do because, I will place my bets on it..you know them all and of course, whether you say it or not, you appreciate them (you are just too shy to admit sometimes).

However, a president will always have his/her staff to help him/her handle things, but our mothers? Hey! They do it "Solo" and that is why mothers are so legendary, and they do all of the things they do for us unconditionally. Now, try to beat that!

So, before you make a choice tomorrow (and please do choose wisely), take this day to honor the women who help shape this country by shaping up the families that makes the whole of this country. A president may be the one in charge of our archipelago, but when it comes to the families and people that make it up, we have our very own mothers to owe for that.

To all the mothers out there (especially my very own Mama and my wife), nothing can be more honorable than what you do! Happy Mother's Day!

Until next time,


Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment