October 21, 2014

#Eckogram – My take on an Instagram Diary

"The biggest reason I ultimately decided to acquire an Android-powered smartphone - Instagram"

I can clearly remember it. It was the summer of 2012, my little sister showed us her new smartphone - an Android OS-powered one - and to be honest, I am really not keen into the Android bandwagon that time because I am contented using my Symbian-powered smartphone. However, my curiosity got the best of me and I borrowed my sis' phone and explored what this Android OS has to offer.

One application that my sis was using caught my attention and that application was the biggest reason I ultimately decided to acquire an Android-powered smartphone - Instagram.

Ever since then, I had been what you can call an "Instawhore" since I abused that application a LOT.

Fast forward to today, while checking on how many photos (that I uploaded on Instagram) was in my phone's storage, an idea sparked in me. With that amount of photo I am snapping and uploading on Instagram, I guess that dumping some of those to my blog/s on at least a weekly basis will be a good way to update, right? Kind of like, a Diary of Instagram photos of sorts.



So without further ado, here is my take on an Instagram Diary and I will call it "Eckogram." (I chose to present it via a collage of 9 pictures and then have a little explanation of each picture and its significance) Here is the first entry for this series.

Of note, Eckogram-related posts will simultaneously be published on my Phlog HERE. It will be greatly appreciated if you can check it out too.

Eckogram Entry 01:


1. Prime Afternoon - I have to get some sleep to charge up for the GY shift, but ended up taking photos with "Wan-Wan" and the "Thrifty-Fifty". I ended up with little to no sleep at all because of it. Argh, Time management.

2. Wakey!Wakey! - My daughter has been "oversleeping" a lot lately and I don't want her to develop that habit, so here I am waking her up using every technique from the book. Look how annoyed she is though.

3. Damn Moon - On the way to work, saw the moon and it was a thing of beauty. Snapped it with the only camera I had with me then, a 5MP-snapper on my mobile phone. Still got a decent image, just needed some PP tweaks.

4. Lamig - The weather was cold in this particular morning. However, I am sure we will all need more blankets next week. Stay tuned for that...I am so Egg-soi-ted!!

5. Seldom Used - GY Shift, Sleepy, and feeling a little under the weather. 'Nuff said!

6. Free Meal - This may be a little harsh, but we deserve more than a Burger McDo meal treat for the Company Anniversary, right? Well, I guess it is free to start with and  better than nothing.

7. Waterproof - With the ongoing rains, I would really love to have the waterproof ability of the Yam leaves. If I did, then Goodbye bulky umbrellas!

8. It's Corneration Day - Time for our daughter's booster injections. After a lot of white lies, halfway through the trip, we finally told her where are we going. This is her immediate reaction to that.

9.  Stowaway - Wan-Wan accidentally brought to work. Too bad I was not able to use him to snap some shots. A photoshoot or a photowalk is really in order...if I can afford the time.

There it is, my first Eckogram entry. Thanks for dropping by.

Until next time,

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment